"Grapes Are Sour, No Matter What"

"Grapes Are Sour, No Matter What"

I made it (a great sign of relief). Actually, I was making a fool out of myself, because I always make it. But, each time I have an uneasy feeling with my hands tight on the seat and myself sitting until I feel the ground beneath. Therefore, it was home, from the warm humidity of Pokhara to the dry chill here at Jomsom. And I hated this because I was feeling pins and needles in my legs and my ears were plugged. But, the exhilaration of meeting my parents, friends and everyone overpowered everything else. As I walked off, a cool gust of wind billowed my hair. "Ah! This cool breeze…...um…rather…cold. I'd better get my cap on."

Weeks passed and I've waited enough for a snowfall. And, still it looked like there was months to go for a snowfall. And, slowly but surely I was getting my in a twist. "Man…... I hate snow. And, it's not because grapes are sour: (But, reality doesn't change just by crying.) However, it was all going to change the next day.

Early morning, probably at 9:30, I woke up and gasped my way to the door with my eyelids still glued. As I was about to sleep out rubbing my eyes I suddenly found myself in a dream; floating above clouds on my way to see my….; just when I felt bitter cold sting on my feet which threw my eyes wide open to see the snow "snow allover!" And by noon I was out and already in bedraggled and fed up with snow. I felt more snow inside my boots. My hands were freezing so much.

Now, as I warmed up my epitheria on a coal heater and my interior with some hot and salty butter tea, I was thinking of something else out in snow. "Can't believe I couldn't shoot that bird at kicking distance…; shoot with a catapult which my weary fidgeting hand inside wet freezing gloves could hardly hold, let alone stretch. So, I was thinking of something fun and not foolish, "Hey! What about skiing? "And, I saw myself as the 1st skier and the very next day, probably the last and the only one that existed, lying in bed No. 403 at the hospital, mummied to perfection, so, suddenly I found myself bored. I had nothing to do when it was snowing, which I had been waiting all so long for. So, that "Grapes are vacation ended up with any feeling that "Grapes are sour, even though you got it??...

 

 

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.