An Inspiration

An Inspiration

Last week, I took part in a speech competition. The announcer announced my name and I went to the front to deliver a speech. The huge mass was starting at me. Seeing the huge mass, my legs started shaking and I started panicking. Not to show my agitation, I tried to speak; but I could not utter even a word. Everyone started murmuring. I thought the mass was making fun of me. Perplexities filled my mind. Tear nearly rolled down my cheeks but controlling them, I ran behind the stage without speaking a single word. Then, I saw other speakers speaking fluently with a lot of confidence. I wished I also could speak like them. I thought I was a failure. I was very depressed.

A few days ago, there was a dance competition. My friends urged me to take part in it. I remembered the speech competition and thought I would panic on the stage and wouldn't be able to perform properly. Therefore, I didn't take part in it. When I saw my friend dancing, I wished I could also dance like them. I felt inferior. I thought my friends who had many talents were far better than me with many talents but I was not good at anything.

On the sports day, I thought I was no good at sports. So, I didn't take part in any sporting activities. When I saw my friends winning medals, again a feeling of inferiority ran across me. I thought I was worthless. I was no good. I was good at neither sports nor dance, nor speech, not a single area and I cursed god for making so. I was annoyed a lot. Whenever I looked over my weaknesses, I couldn't do anything except cry to overcome the implied inferiority. I told everything to my mom.  I poured out all my pent up feelings, emotions and thought to my loving mom. My mom consoled me telling that it would happen to most of the teenagers. Teenagers often do not give themselves a next chance if they fail once. My mom suggested to me to give myself ample opportunities and not just look at my weakness only but also to look over my strength as well. She asked me to give myself many chances to find and express the talent god had given to me.

I was inspired by mom's word. I carefully brooded over her words and developed much confidence and optimism in myself. I was able to come out of frustration and decided to give myself a next chance and now I can say, 'I am not a failure'. I provided myself that I was not a failure.

Every being in this world is a special creation of God. God has given every being some special qualities. What one needs to do is just to give oneself ample opportunities to find out the god gifted qualities and one should never look a his/her failure but also look at his/her success. Everyone has quite good qualities in them.

 

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.