A Tiny Voice In An Eternal Tsunami

A Tiny Voice In An Eternal Tsunami

"Shh, Shh!", the teacher said scrutinizing my face. "Sorry sir:, I replied but after a few seconds, I was gain looking out of the window. I never liked being confined in a small place. I am free and so are my dreams. Through my window, I saw the hills of Sarangkot, the beautiful football ground, the girl's hostel and little brother and sisters at play I especially liked to see those small class 5 sisters play 'Chungi' during their snacks time because I found them mesmerizing. They made me realize that without notice, time was moving on so fast.

It was the most wonderful period of my life when I was small child like them carefree and far from the dark side of life. I had many friends and together we played Chungi and other games. I particularly remember my friend Roshan because he always used to give his snacks 'Aalu Paratha', a typical Terai food to me, Bishnu, a girl, because she carried my school bag when I was in class 2. I was such a weak child and was then tortured by disease. But with new friends and acquaintances life was slowly changing I remember so vividly the day when I gave my first love letter with a Greeting card to a girl who was one year junior to me. It was a New Year's Day and I was then in class 9. When I look back at these moments, I feel so entertained.

But my childhood didn't only have bright days. It had those dark days when life felt so insecure and the future uncertain. It began with a class section change. I came to know new students and made new friends. But these friends were not very good. Some of them had bad habits like taking alcohol, cigarettes and other things. I smoked a cigarette for the first time when I was in class 6, but I gave it away quire soon as I didn't like its taste. My friend didn't stop. Slowly their intake of narcotics increased. It was particularly during the time of Shivaratri when they were completely intoxicated and saliva ran down their mouth in class. I was in class 6 then. But I decided not to take such substances. Eventually there came a time when everyone had to make a choice for themselves I chose the good path but some of my friends didn't. My best friend chose to keep the company of bad people. And I lost some of my other good friends too. We still talked and were close but things were not the same by any means. There were times in my life when my friends took cigarettes, alcohol and brown sugar in front of me and I found it so tempting, yet still I resisted. However, my resistance was getting weaker when I was in class 7, I found a new person inside me; I was a different guy I spoke every kind of vulgar word that existed I was involved in fights with seniors and that involved resident of a particular area I had no fear and I felt that was what people meant by saying life was cool.

Things changes after I came to GBS. I was again the same peace-loving boy who wanted no hatred and always managed to keep his temperament cool. As I look back at my past, I feel so disgusted to realize that life is so fragile. I was lucky that I moved to Pokahara but what would have happened to me if I had not come to pokahara? It's a question I know I can never answer because I don't trust myself. I think I too would have ended up like my friends.

I lost my friends. I still remember those sweet moments of childhood and I have so many things to talk about with them. But I can't meet them because I don't want to go back to that world again. It was a world that knew no future, no fear, only drugs. I recently came to know my best friend Sumeet had been to rehabilitation center twice but is still unchanged. He takes drugs even these days. Another good friends of mine, Ashok, has ended up nowhere. He has been running away from the police for some years.

My friends were from well-off families and used to have a lot of money. Their parents took their responsibilities lightly and it was this, that led their children to the wrong path, to the world from which they can't come out even if they desire. Many of the reasons because of which they ended up like this as to be attributed to their parents and the society and I really hate them because my friend are still so young but their lives are so devastated and I can't do anything to them.

But it's not where things end up. I have a dream that one day I can rescue my friends from drugs and together we will work to eradicate necrotic drugs from the society.

To the youngsters, taking drugs is not so difficult and leaving it is not so easy. If you take drugs then be sure you will end up like Sumeet or Ashok.

 

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.